April 07, 2005
"Conny" is a good nickname for a conwoman
In today's Seattle Post-Intelligencer: "Gorton rips county election officials". But Conny thinks they're fabulous:
support for [Dean Logan] came yesterday from Conny McCormack, his counterpart in Los Angeles County, Calif., who has worked with Logan in national organizations of election officials.
"I think he does a fantastic job," McCormack said.
Conny McCormack is the "elections expert" who earlier conned the P-I into printing this now thoroughly discredited story: "Election expert praises King County: Record-keeping called very accurate
"[Crediting voters] has nothing to do with the ballot-counting. It's a separate process," she said this week. A nationally recognized authority on election administration and reform, McCormack made the comments in an interview given at the urging of King County election officials.
Two weeks after the above con-job article was printed, King County election officials had to admit that crediting is part of the ballot-counting process
, after all.
If you happen to vote in L.A. County, be very afraid of Conny the ballot counter.
Posted by Stefan Sharkansky at April 07, 2005
01:11 PM | Email This
Logical people would take the word and the endorsement of an experienced election official who runs the largest voting county in the US over the view of a defeated US Senator with a partisan viewpoint.
Especially because that Senator was soundle defeated in the very county he's criticizing!
2. it's logical to ignore facts? whatever you're smoking can't possibly be legal.
Hmmm... Nelson I think you meant "soundly"
I don't know where you got your numbers but his defeat was anything but "soundle". It was very close. Closest senator race that year in the United States. Approx. 2,000 vote margin... After a uh, recount.
Nelson - Cantwell's victory was "paper thin". See http://www.womensenews.org/article.cfm?aid=352&mode=today
And given what we know now, may not have been a victory at all.
5. Nelson - Your a douche' bag troll:)
6. I would like an independent audit of that election as well. Especially an account of the Special ballots (now called provisionals) and the absentees that gave cantwell the victory here in King County.
7. Nelson, I would think it is safe to assume that ALL elections held in large Democrat controlled cities are fixed and crooked. This would include LA, Chicago, Milwaukee, Philly, and Harare, Zimbabwe. The ONLY reason we can discuss King County without the "racism" charge is the relatively low representation of blacks in Seattle. No discussion is allowed in Chicago, Philly, or Detroit. The Democrats and the NAACP will not allow IDs, and they will not allow any investiagtions into black districts that vote Democrat at 115% of registration. Democrats: voter felons. Exterminate every one of them!
8. Man you have hard-on for Chicago, Philly, and Detroit. What happended?
9. yep, glad I don't live in L.A. anymore
10. and yes, cantwell isn't looking like the sure winner from '00 after all. Not sure anyone should want to go THERE
11. LA...Democrat controlled "Baja Norte"......In another 5 years, another 10 million "south of the border" Mexicans will call the "City Of Angels" home, all demanding free education, free health care, and free social services. 2010 LA: Third world "Baja Harare"
12. ....and "The Hammered" is a good name for a drunk. Better stay away from that sacramental wine!
13. Nelson is an idiot. Yet by his logic we should not trust anything Sims says either because he too was "soundly" (notice that I spell this correctly) beaten in King County -- he lost to Gregoire in the Primary by a 59.2% to 37.5% margin which is larger than any defeat Gorton ever suffered in King County.
So Conny McCormack of southern California is an elections expert telling us how it needs to be done.
She has been critisized for playing fast and loose in the November elections down in LA. I wouldn't be surprised to see Dean Logan as being quoted in LA Newspapers that Conny is just doing a fabulous job for LA........mutual backscratching I guess.
For those that want to read more about the "expert."
Also someone should ask the "expert" her opinon on the LA controversy of "re-inking ballots" and Dean Loagan's approach to "enhancing ballots counter to state laws by obscuring voters original marks" I think that Connie has already gone on record as saying changing or enhancing votes is a bad idea.
Wonder why she is then defending Logan?
15. Conny is a loony conwoman ! In reality, the caliber of fraud here is small by comparison to the fraud that she has presided over in LA-LA land. Maybe they too wise up down there and investigate her once the lid of cover has been decapitated from King Co. Records and Elections.
The L.A. County Registrar of Voters, which is Conny McCormck, does NOT run the elections for offices in the City of Los Angeles (Mayor, City Council, City Attorney, etc.). The re-inking of ballots was done under the auspices of the Los Angeles City Clerk.