April 16, 2006
Mrs. Gregoire promotes entitlements for illegal immigrants
Mrs. Gregoire1 objects to a new federal law that would require Medicaid recipients to document citizenship or legal immigration status, the New York Times reports: "Medicaid Hurdle for Immigrants May Hurt Others"
"This provision is misguided and will serve as a barrier to health care for otherwise eligible United States citizens," said [Mrs.] Gregoire of Washington, a Democrat.
Ms. Gregoire said the provision would cause hardship for many older African-Americans who never received birth certificates and for homeless people who did not have ready access to family records.
The article is full of similar dire predictions
. But there is exactly one quote based on actual experience
In Georgia, Medicaid officials began enforcing a similar requirement in January. Dr. Rhonda M. Medows, commissioner of the state's Department of Community Health, said it had not caused serious problems.
One gets the impression that those who advocate for unlimited entitlements to illegal immigrants simply view them as just another bloc of constituents.
hat tip: reader J.W.
1 Joni Balter has never retracted her incorrect report that
State election officials are not aware of a single documented instance where a non-citizen voted in the governor's race.
Posted by Stefan Sharkansky at April 16, 2006
11:27 AM | Email This
1. Gregoire's "career" was built on Fraud. New opportunities for political corruption can only help further her fraudulent occupation of an office to which she was not elected.
2. 1 If I went to Asia, Europe, or Latin America and demanded their governments to pay for my healthcare, they would laugh at me and deport me.
2 Gregoire is being her normal goofy self, but what do you expect from someone who mismanaged the AG's office for 12 years?
3 Since to qualify for medicaid or medicare, you need to have a social security card, there is already a paper trail
4 There are other valid records than passports
5 If you did not get a birth certificate, there baptism certificates, military records, driver's licensees, social security records, BIA records, et al.
6 Let's see how many individuals there are without standard documents, before we say the rule is impossible to enforce
7 Just like Jim McDermott fights for our parents who get caught in the Medicare/caid Catch 22 form letters, McDermott and the other Representatives will fight on this issue also.
8 Gregoire's been drinking Ron Sims Sound Transit punch.
9 There are probably not that many individuals in the worse case scenario
10 If Greg Nickels has time to fine residents for not properly sorting their garbage/recyclables, he has time to help valid citizens/residents produce suitable alternative documentation
11 Enuff said
As a Governor, doesn't Mrs. Gregoire have an obligation to remove individuals who are not legal residents from the Social Service rolls? Doesn't approving and funding with Washinton tax dollars special programs directed at supporting the illegal immigrant population actually encourage and attract additional illegals?
Is Mrs. Gregoire's reluctance to enforce existing laws a violation of her oath of office? Inquiring taxpaying citizens want to know.
4. I guess US Citizens are not important to the Democrats. Next you will see Democrats the right for non citizens to vote. There are no rights for criminals. It is politicians like that will let me less willing to support any type of citizenship of illegals. When tax dollars are diverted from US Citizens to illegals there is a problem Too bad we can not take these politicians to court as charge them as criminals for supporting criminal activity within the state. It is so frustrating that Olympia can not find money to fix the roads yet they can find millions of dollars to give to illegals. And these same politicians will demand more tax money so they can continue providing services to citizens. Illegals are not citizens. Yet how much of the current budget is providing services to illegals. What percentage increase in special programs for illegals will take place. Since the actual cost is hidden and will not be made public even if it is known. 10 Million 100 Million who knows why because politicians know they would be unelectible if a people knew what cost to the state or even county paid for illegals.
Then you have the cost of teaching illegal alien students that do not speak English and are in our schools. Let alone paying for Education. Need those students to get dollars for the school from the state and federal levels.
If politicians were honest(Which in this state is very questionable) and made the case for illegals and provided true numbers of total cost It might be worthy of a vote of the people. Olympia can not be trusted. How do you know if they are telling the truth or telling a lie? They hide the real facts and you have to take their word for what is being done.
5. It's all about getting more illegal votes for Gregoire - after all, she has them to thank (along with Deanron) for sweeping her into office. That's her seemingly transparent agenda, which SUCKS ! Like David Anfinrud states - it plays into the big picture for the Dems. Progressive means permissive, the living constitution, smoke and mirrors and the Government will hep you...
It is an interesting paradox that people may claim there are many citizens who are cut off simply because they cannot prove citizenship, yet the absence of proof leaves one to wonder why anyone would count them as "citizens who are cut off."
Maybe we could just ask the people who estimate the number of "homeless" people to be in the millions -- get them to tell us how many citizens have not a scintilla of evidence to show their citizenship.
7. I doubt very seriously, that any Photo ID requirement would be acceptable to Democratic leaders. As soon as it became acceptable for Medicaid to require photo ID, then it would have to be acceptable for Voter ID. Funny, but the place where most people seem to think many of the illegal immigrants in the USA can from, seems
to require photo ID and a thumbprint to vote.
You may notice the name of a US Rep (D-Ga) in that article. A yahoo search for info
on his position on Photo ID's leads to this information about his agenda.
The Democratic Leaders will do every thing they can to prevent Photo IDs in any law. They have too, to get their true agenda passed.
You can quality health care anywhere in world.
Cash up front. In the more civilized portions of the world they'll call the Embassy and see if any is willing to pay.
No documents? Just bill the country of origin. When the bill gets to big, shut down the border crossings or allowing any goods, commerce or people from that country into the US.
Just one of many ideas.
Maybe if the dems latch onto this agenda as big as they seem to be it will be their downfall in the congressional elections. Even more reason for US legals to vote in this mid-term.
I've seen poll numbers suggesting 60/40 against franchising the illegals... is that enough of a spread to bite the ass of the donkey?
**I guess US Citizens are not important to the Democrats. Next you will see Democrats the right for non citizens to vote.** They already are.
Non-Citizens Press for Right to Vote
New York Post
A push to give Big Apple residents who aren’t citizens the right to vote kicks off today, with throngs of immigrants flocking to City Hall to back legislation giving them access to the ballot box.
The Voting Rights Restoration Act would allow permanent residents, or “green card” holders, who have lived in the city for more than six months to vote in local elections.
“We have a large number of people who are documented and pay taxes, but can’t vote,” said Councilman Kendall Stewart (D-Manhattan), chairman of the council’s Immigration Committee and a prime sponsor of the bill.
But Councilman James Oddo (R-S.I), who opposes the bill, called it “an affront on hardworking Americans.”
“I think we should have a vote on it and see which council members are willing to put their names on it,” he said.
In Maryland, six cities permit noncitizen voting, and in Chicago, permanent residents can vote in school-board elections.
Immigrant activists said the United States has a long history of allowing noncitizens to vote.
At one time in the 1800s and 1900s, 22 states and federal territories allowed noncitizens to vote, although women and blacks were disenfranchised.
“When the complexions of immigration changed, the policies changed,” said Councilman Charles Barron (D-Brooklyn), another sponsor of the bill.
“We’re representing 1.3 million legal residents who can pay taxes and go to war for this country.”
See link below for rest of story:
Prostitution is legal in Nevada and apparently in Olympia too. As long as it is confined those whack jobs that feel non-citizens should determine thier fate, I say let them. In ten years when they are hit with the Qubec style seperation model and language requirements they will wonder what hit them.
12. I see Gregoire is still up to her racist ways. Somehow you can never get it out of people. I am sure that old white people also can have trouble with not having birth certificates!
Why is she picking on old black people?
13. Unfortunately, Ms. Gregoire just wants them to register to vote and vote for her, legal or not. Makes no difference to her. It's an outrage. We, the sane, do not accept this.
14. Nice to see Mrs. Gregoire sticking up for welfare fraud. Because of course we know there is none of that in the Medicaid program.
Shouldn't that read, "Mrs. Gregoire promotes entitlements for illegal constituents
I mean, that's really what it amounts to.
16. we are a nation of laws---well--relatively--if I dont pick up my dog's dump, bingo--fine; if I drift into the HOV lane as a single driver, boom--fine; however, if I cross a sovereign country's international border illegally, it's ok--i'm just a 'hard worker'; come budget time, our own legal citizen dues-paying veterans and seniors & disabled are squeezed out of funds, but we seem to always find money for illegal aliens' schools, health and family planning---our priorities? hmmm; my advice? just keep track of who is voting for THEM and not YOU !
Everyone please lighten up.
Mrs. Gregoire is simply doing exactly as all politicians do: she's rewarding her base, guaranteeing they'll turn out for her again in 2008.
Without the Illegal Alien vote in 2004, Mrs. Gregoire could never have stolen the election.
"homeless people who did not have ready access to family records."
I live with one like this. She has her Soc Sec card, and driver's license, but her family is dead, and her baptismal certificate was stolen while she was homeless.
One interesting twist - she's the one who convinced me to become a Republican like her.
19. 1 Birth, baptismal and marriage certificates can normally be replaced.
2 Gregoire needs to begin enforcing the law
3 Let's see how many individuals qualify under normal methods, before we say the rules are unenforceable.
4 We can begin looking for alternate proof of citizenship for the exceptions
Lets take this a few levels further...
We give Ms G a pass on this, as are the other states...
ALL able bodied Mexicans and central Americans move north because there is nothing to stop them...
The economies of Central America tank because there is nobody left there...
We cash out our property before the values plummet, take all of our money and as many employees as we can and MOVE SOUTH where the land is cheap and the weather is beautiful!!
We set up business, get friendly politicians elected and begin reforming the govt and rebilding the economy there.
They can live in a welfare state where it is cold and wintery for six months of the year and we can start over with a new free market economy in year round paradise!!
Incredible..50 years ago she'd be in jail.....now you are if you cut one blackberry bush down in King County or burn a mehican flag in Arizona.
Feels like we are just scratching notes on our cell walls.
Don't walk toooo slow across that street you're toast!!! But come trekking in shoving a middle finger at the folks that live here and perverts like Gregwhore can't wait to give it all away...
It is my country you Traitor Gregfraud and at some point we are taking it back....
Just in case you missed it a woman in Boulder CO last week was arrested for putting up a new garage door without approval!! While at the same time hundreds of the Democrats worked to take your land from you in the same county.
22. Gregoire, The governor who put thousands back on the free ride of Medicaid after the legislature had required them to pay a small fee and report more often. The reason given, they are working so many jobs and they don't speak, understand the language! Mike Chelan, Washington
23. Seems more like just feel good cosmetic legislation...Costs will just be transferred to the State..People (legal and illegal) will still get sick and still show up on door steps of hospitals..who are still obligated to treat them
24. Grrr alert to Green Lake Mark. Gregoire didn't start her mismanagement when she got in the AG's office. It started from it conception. Just before the Ag gig, there was the Ecology gig where she doubled staff and budget, but didn't have money for traditional responsibilities like water rights. When her staff was requested by judges to show up for court, she and the staff gave the judges (the judicial branch) the proverbial finger and told the judges she was "too busy" to go to their puny courts. So, it was no surprise when it went to the liberal State Supreme Court, she and her staff got spanked big time.
25. I don't believe there are that many elderly people in the state who can't prove where they were born. If they want other Federal benefits they seem to be able to come up with birth certificates, church or school records, service records, etc. It's just a way for the pretender to the Governor's office to pander to those who are here illegally or don't want to bother to produce the correct records.
26. I simply hate her. Just her face on TV with mute activated makes me physically ill. If it weren't for the leash law she ignored, (I guess cuz she's queen) I'd have nothing to laugh about. I see her husband on TV and my thought is, "gee, does he really have to sleep with her"? I get sick all over again.
27. What has Mr. Rossi said on the topic?
28. Wasn't there an initiative on illegal immigrant benefits proposed for this fall? Anyone know if it made it to the ballot?
"Gregoire needs to begin enforcing the law"
Posted by Green Lake Mark at April 17, 2006 06:41 AM
What will she do first? Investigate how the election of 2004 was stolen on her behalf?
It's a shell game. Who pays?
**Keep your eyes on the ball***
The feds? The state? Private insurance?
In the field of community mental health individuals not covered by medicaid are supported by "state only dollars." **No wonder Queen Christine is concerned.**
Its' all BS. If ANY government entity REALLY wants a program, then they will FULLY pay for it.
Otherwise it's federal matching funds, etc etc etc.
Bottom line: The politicos cannot walk what they talk.
31. This will be an effective campaign tool against Fraudoire by whoever runs against her in '08, if this garbage still stands. People are fed up with more entitlements for non-citizens and it isn't going away anytime soon.
32. solution: "tag--you're it" illegal immigrant law--the last employer of illegal (if traceable) gets to foot a portion of the county's tab for school, hospital etc; bill amount = all illegal indigent costs divided per capita in county; the "last sponsor" idea--you wanted him? you pay; like hot potatoes, this problem will soon end when someone other than taxpayers gets the hot potato; like billing that contractor who picks up illegal day labor at a home improvement store--
33. Did anyone see the recent story in Portland about the illegal caught making fraudulent drivers licenses? over 80,000 made! He was a DMV authorized agent who faked that the applicant had passed the test, forwarded the info to the state and got an actual state issued DL for his customers. No word on whether as an authorized DMV agent he also motor voter registered them. It made me wonder if anything similar is going on here.
The Service Union supports illegal aliens:
Extracted from an Article of Strategic Forecasting
"The unions that make up the Change to Win labor coalition in the United States are planning a four-day organizing drive April 24-28. The activity will conclude two days before demonstrations over immigration and labor issues are scheduled to take place in both the United States and Mexico. Given the timing of both sets of events, Change to Win seems poised to capitalize on the political momentum it already has built up around the cross-border immigration issue, and possibly to halt the decline in relevance for organized labor movements in the United States.
Change to Win is a coalition of seven unions, led by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), which broke away from the AFL-CIO last year. The coalition was among those that reacted most swiftly to the student-led protests over immigration bills in late March, and subsequently they have come to be viewed as among the leaders of the broad array of groups responsible for the large demonstrations that took place April 11. Change to Win was prominent at many of the immigration rallies, particularly those in the San Francisco Bay Area."
The Democrats and SEIU are expecting to gain both votes and money from illegal aliens. The Queen is just looking out for the best interests of her party and union supporters. Her actions have little to do with the "American working man" as it destroys the gains made by the unions.
35. This is very interesting. There's also a great article regarding this at www.saneworks.us.