June 13, 2006
Yes, but which small nation?
Mrs. Gregoire1, upon announcing the upcoming visit of the Danish Prime Minister, said that
Washington is more like a small nation than a state
Yes, but which small nation?
Cuba? Turkmenistan? Honduras?
Post your thoughts in the comments. Which small nation does Washington most closely resemble and why?
1 Mrs. Gregoire:
I hope Prime Minister Rasmussen enjoys the best of Washington hospitality and culture.
I think that means they'll give him an absentee ballot.
Posted by Stefan Sharkansky at June 13, 2006
12:11 AM | Email This
1. Which country? Well right now it feels like the Ukraine--without the corrected election problems.
2. I think perhaps Haiti - corrupt government but beautiful scenery...
Wishful thinking on her part. But she does win elections the way el presidente would.
Based on her public speeches and policy decisions I would say she thinks it's Shangri La. But given time it will undoubtedly turn into Karapistan.
4. Mini-France; ineffective, bloated government; dysfunctional policies; ultra liberal; illegal immigrant infested; choked by unions; but decent wines;
5. Or, WA is more like one or two large counties in CA or TX, or one particular county in IL.
Agree with Jimmie
Mini-France it is. For all the reasons Jimmie itemized and a few more; including arrogance of the government. Arrogance so typifies the Queen.
The only dispirited note is "language." France does not suffer another language. Washington suffers all languages.
7. The Netherlands...or maybe France
I second (or third) France. Big, centralized government, socialist handouts right and left, public employee unions that strike on a whim. And the arrogance... except French freeways are better.
Except maybe during monarchy times. L'etat c'est moi, to quote Queen Christine XIV.
Every one of you guys still whining about Gregoire's 2004 victory probably thinks Bush won fair and square in Ohio and Florida too.
Tell me any one of you would actually still be battling this out if a Republican had won by 133 votes locally.
And don't lie about it for once.
The hypocrisy of this so called voter fairness movement from the same site that regularly promotes a Dino Rossi book on its front page just astounds me, not in a good way mind you, but its pretty amazing nonetheless.
10. Every one of you guys still whining about Gregoire's 2004 victory probably thinks Bush won fair and square in Ohio and Florida too.
Is your real name Richard Puller?
DavidD, yes I would still be screaming if Rossi had won on the same circumstances. Free and honest elections are the cornerstone of democracy- read purple thumbs.
I vote for the Republic of Chicago for small nation. And why? Do I need to answer that one?
Hey DaveD, speaking of Amazing...Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat...Ta Da! Now how about you try the same trick with your head and ass.
I voted for Clinton twice when I was young, he lied to me, (I did not have sex with that woman)and it will be a cold day here in France when I vote for another democrat.
The day liberals legitimately claim the high moral ground is the day I start to carry an umbrella in seattle to protect me from crap falling from the sky due to all those flying pigs.
13. I'd say Sweden or Norway. Big socialist that love high taxes and after all we're going to be having gay marriage here shortly too.
14. I vote for France also- but with a dash of Serbian government thrown in for good measure.
"I think that means they'll give him an absentee ballot."
Didn't you know that every visitor can get an absentee ballot now....They will be printed on the official Washitonia postcard.
Silly ol' drive-by dave! You really are quite dense, aren't you?! Don't you give a damn about integrity? (And don't lie about it for once!)
It is rather apparent that you are easily astounded (not in a good way mind you). Perhaps you should obtain a guide-dog...
17. I'm with Swatter . . . Chicago.
18. Every one of you guys still whining about Gregoire's 2004 victory probably thinks Bush won fair and square in Ohio and Florida too.
Still trying the same tired old moral equivalence. Ohio? Cripes, that's a stretch. Equating a 100,000+ vote legitimate margin to a 129 vote fraudulent "victory", which took three counts and a dozen or so instances of "finding lost ballots" in King County. Show me one instance in either Ohio or Florida where Bush was behind either Gore or Kerry after the initial count and the GOP went trolling in a heavily Republican county and "just happened to find" so-called "lost" ballot a dozen or so times, just enough to put Bush ahead in the count and then calling it quits. What is wrong with you whacko lefties?
I clicked on the extended entry as I was eating cereal...and milk shot out my nose.
2 votes Ukraine. Our state modo is now 'say-uck'
All the good ones are taken....it is the first Banana Republic with a female lead dictatorship. At least none of us are in "reeducation camp".
It really feels like the Roman Empire.....celebrating all things bizarre like the GLBTXYZ Month, attacking the pharmacy board for allowing choice, dining with fellow dicatators from China and Mexico, a pinch of paranoia about those right wing radio stations and stacking the votes on a coin until caught! Say WhAt??
21. Say WaTF!?
I agree with Jimmie's comparison with France: Socialist government, crippled by taxes, a government rife with corruption, filthy with illegal aliens who threaten to capsize our infrastructure with their parasitic access, corrupt union thugs who strangle free enterprise, and decent whines.
But Jimmie forgot another thing that we have in common with France: communities of smelly, hairy, unwashed women. Yecch.
DavidD - I admit we probably would not have looked into it if Rossi were Governor. But that is a far cry from saying that when the evidence of poorly handled ballots is provided with plenty of facts behind it, as in this case, not only would this site be for the investigation and ways to clean up the election process, but so would the PI and ST.
The goal is clean and fair elections. Everyone can stand by the results when that is true, even if it is not the results desired.
Oops. I should have said, "decent wines." The whines we get from the libs in this state are actually quite pathetic.
BTW: I just got back from the Eastern U.S. (NJ, NY, PA). Once I got out of the cities, I saw more American flags and parks honoring fallen servicemen in one small town than I have seen in this entire state in the 27 years I have lived here. Thanks to Washington State's anti-democracy, this state has become a blight. How depressing!
It may be Haitii now, but it might be Zimbabwe soon.
Oh, look Netflix's is delivering Braveheart again.
Virtual courage, virtual partiotism. How chic.
26. have a country proposed; now we need a motto & flag--'say WA' gone; Say Oui? Say whee (as in mitrucate); Say Si, for our illegals getting benefits; Say (?--insert local mandatory tribal term);Que sera sera; Say GBLT; Say--what the hell happened to my State?!
27. DaveD, you are so sure about a 129-vote 'victory' when it is a known fact that hundreds (really thousands, when you add it all up) of illegal votes in a Demorat-heavy county were put into the mix, making the margin of victory a mere fraction of the total number of illegal and lost votes? A majority of Washingtonians can do the math; which is why a majority of Washingtonians think Dino won. They get it. Apparently you don't. Yet you seem more 'sure' about the error of a 100,000+ margin of victory? That's why your claims don't fly. You completely buy into but won't admit that Gregoire's circumstances look really shaky at best, but you easily doubt the 100,000 margin.
Get over it... and loose the tin foil hat.
29. I like Haiti, now we can call Gregoire "Mama Doc".
30. Stefan, why are you trying to give some small country a bad name by having them compared to our little "nation"?
For me, it's Taiwan that WA resembles most.
Small productive capitalist country, soon to be completely subsumed by the larger statist country. Continually higher taxes, and soon flight of the good people and businesses. And Chinese leaders are welcome here with lots of smiles and back slapping.
32. At least none of us are in "reeducation camp".
So you haven't been sent to any sensitivity training (diversity, AIDS, etc.), attended a state college or university or even our primary or secondary education systems. It's reeducation all right.
33. The Republic of Rinkydink and Tobasco. Like its namesake, the local version underwhelms you and brings tears to your eyes.
34. Hopeful thinking : New Zealand. The Evergreen Freedom Foundation has been talking with them to find out how they have overcome the excessive socialist/budget problems of their past.
35. Gregoiristan. Trying its damnedest to muscle-out Mexico in all measureable world statistics and standings.
36. I would say Washington state resimbles Norway because of the Socialistic policies and open arms with money and free services in hand to illegal immigrants and country wide smoking ban.(for your oun good) Since my recent visit to my country of birth,(Norway) I've see this state trying to accomplish all the same goals and is heading there very quickly
38. I resemble my last vote and change it to the State of Confusion.
39. Now that I-747 had been overturned, how about "Wetaxitstan".
40. How dare you bring up Tabasco! I like Mama Doc and Haiti! And poor DavidD! He keeps that tape playing in his head 24/7. Get over it, DavidD, you lost!
How about dumfarkistan, and you all are citizens in good standing. JOKE.
Regarding Ohio, its been documented everywhere the various tricks Republicans tried to keep Democrat voting down. I'm not going to dredge links and engage in linky war. It happened, telling me to lose tinfoil is comical given the Republican standing on any election is fair as long as a Republican wins.
Which is why this whole sham of election "reform" you people are pushing is so comical. You don't want reform, you want your side winning. Admit it. This is a one-sided board and you wont STFU til you have enough heads on a platter to satisfy your political bloodlust.
That makes you no different than your so called enemy, it makes you a bunch of nitwits who if you were in power would be as bad or worse than the current crop.
Get a clue. If this was a fair board with a fair agenda, DINO ROSSI would not adorn the front page of the board. In fact no agenda would be pushed other than fair elections.
But you won't see that, because Republicans want only Republicans in office, fair or otherwise.
And to the poor abused baby that got "lied to" by evil old Bill Clinton, sonny, how do you feel now that Bush has lied about the war, lied about the evidence supporting the war, lied to the troops, lied to the American people, Cheney has covered up his meetings with Enron to set energy policy, Enron is trying to cost Snohomish County millions and you probably think because they were Republicans they're entitled to. The list just goes on and on with the Bush crowd, yet you want to introduce the same style politics (smears, half truths, and lies) to Washington State and in fact are crying because your side lost, yet you people were the same ones claiming 2000 and 2004 nationally were run fairly.
You can't have it both ways! Oh wait, you're a Republican, of course you think you can.
42. I think Somalia could use someone like Christine to whip (figuratively, Madam, only figuratively) those renegade warlords into shape. She could apply some of the things she learned back in her sorority days.
43. Well, I'm not sure which nation we'd compare best to, there are so many socialist nations. But we definately do NOT stack up to the standard of free elections they have in the Ukraine.
Well if she was comparing us to a small country it most certainly wasn't Ukraine. WHen they stole the election in Ukraine, they had the orange revolution and democracy triumphing by kicking out the commisars.
Perhaps she had Cuba more in mind.
SOme of us have spent more time as Democrats than you have living on this planet. The same old Grape kool-aid get's boring after 40 years.
"I voted for Clinton twice when I was young, he lied to me, (I did not have sex with that woman)and it will be a cold day here in France when I vote for another democrat." - Dan
Dan - That is preciesly one reason why I am no longer a Democrat!
Dave is still spreading that old Ohio 2004 LIE.
The truth in ohio can be found in Chad Statton, a crack addict the local NAACP Democrat advocate paid in CRACK to falsely register voters.
You want to talk about Ohio Dave???? Here rad this:
Dave - the moonbats reside on Horsesass.org or the Daily Kos, where the crackheads and potheads blog away. You'll get alot more traction out of your unsubstantiated drivel.
Just over 2.5 years left of Gregoirovich and counting...
Moonbat Dave - I can't change anything that may or may not have happened in Ohio, I do not vote there. But other states received something Washington has not. . . an INDEPENDENT INVESTIGATION. Sometimes the winner of the election is less important than the fairness of the election, and handfuls of state and federal election laws were violated in the last few Washington elections.
Do you care about free elections in OUR state?
49. I see the Dino Sore Losers are out in force. This is nothing but a bunch of sore losers (and the key word is losers) doin' a circle jerk. Get a life.